Wednesday 2 May 2018

Personal Manifesto

Personal Goals:

I want to work and collaborate with liberal minded individuals, who are interested in discussion and contribution whilst working. Having done a commission recently with someone who gave a lot of friendly feedback and ideas for improvement I found this style of working incredibly motivating. Of course I understand that not all commissions can be accompanied by such guidance, but this may be something to aim for in the future.

I also want to work within the publishing industry, with ideally a focus on design - but not exclusively. A career in creativity and literacy is something that I aim towards, with no specific aim within that. To do this I need to explore publishing houses more, with visits, talks and collaborations. The talk from Footprint I also found incredibly interesting, so perhaps a career in printing is also something that I could pursue. The most interesting talk I have been in so far though was one from Village, this I found enthralling and inspiring - working in books had never seemed so appealing. The ideas behind the books felt impossible and the boundaries being broken were so unique. This is an industry I would love to be in.

The type of design I have been producing is often illustrative so this should be developed further - in some ways I haven't found a concrete style yet - but this shouldn't be forced. I want to practice this in my own time, doing consistent projects - no laziness!!! I tend to enjoy using darker colours, with elements of collage and politics, perhaps this is the beginnings of my personal style developing?

Manifesto for clients:
  • Open and friendly - love discussion!
  • A keen focus on quirky illustration.
  • Brilliant at coming up with solutions and ideas - give me your impossible rubix cube!
  • Will sink my teeth into anything given the chance, just try me.
  • Incredibly good rates because I'm still a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment