Wednesday 15 March 2017

Initial Ideas for Self Branding

  • To create an Instagram design account. This would be to showcase my work and create contacts without having to directly link people to my personal accounts. Not only this but as studios like Toormix have suggested, it is important to create a website to display work or else your designs will likely not be considered. 
  • Similarly I could create an account on Etsy and start selling my work. I already have a zine which I would like to start selling but other items could increase interest in my brand as well.
  • A short film with an accompanying poem? In one of our previous studio tasks I created a short film of a videotape sinking in a pond. This led to one of my aspirations being to create a short film and I thought my brand could be an ideal opportunity to create one. I often write poems as well so this felt like the right way to narrate the film. 
  • Post cards, with poems on the back. So that the information could be taken away and possible kept. The poem could be considered a memorable element that might stand out amongst several business cards. 
  • Pencils/Pens with quotes across them.
  • Teabags dyed in order to create blue tea, to be something interactive that the holder can take away and experiment with, all the time making me more memorable.
  • Writing letters to people in my past with regrets or things I should have said. This might be found intriguing and honest which could gain interest from perspective clients.  
  • Business cards made to resemble my initials HT by having squares cut out from them. This might be considered too corporate for the brand I was to communicate however.

No comments:

Post a Comment