Sunday 21 April 2019

Personal Reflection and Research: Studio Brief 1: Personal Branding

I began by looking at PPP sessions from previous years, thinking about my identity as a designer. In the beginning of first year many of the words used for myself were negative - such as 'shy' and 'passive'. I no longer consider myself linked to these words as a designer. I am confident with my ideas but do not force them on people. I like to talk to others about their projects and give them ideas and solutions for their own work. I wanted to convey in my branding that I am an ideas person and have a strong imagination and communication skills.

In first year we were asked to create branding statements for ourselves. The phrase I chose was 'Don't forget to bring an umbrella for the brain-storm'. From this idea I began building a concept based around umbrellas and ideas. This was refined into a few key statements such as 'Let's Brainstorm' and 'It's Raining Ideas'. The playful phrases reflect my alternative and friendly approach to design work. 


Key styles in my work:
  • Block colours and bold shapes.
  • Minimal colour pallets.
  • Illustrative shape-based approaches.
  • Feminist Ideology.
  • Publications.
  • Museum and gallery design.
  • Contemporary approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment